According to the federal government, a million people a year are injured in falling accident. While a fall incident can be an accident, many times those accidents are caused by negligence of the property owner. If negligence has occurred, it is important to hire a team of lawyer experienced in investigating and prosecuting the property owners for creating these dangerous conditions. Alvarez Gower has settled and tried lawsuits involving falls.
Under Florida Law, business owners, property owners, or anyone who exercises any sort of control over any property has a responsibility to not only warn of fall hazards, but also to fix them. If you or someone you love has been injured because of someone failing to fulfill their responsibility under the law, it’s important to hire Alvarez Gower to get the investigation underway today! You won’t pay us any money unless we are successful in recovering money for you.
Trip and fall accidents are different from slip and falls as they aren’t caused by a liquid, but a multitude of other unique objects or conditions including:
- Holes or other irregularities in the ground that can be disguised by grass
- Sidewalks that are uneven or cracked that have been left unrepaired
- Cluttered store walkways where business owners are more concerned about maximizing the product in the store than ensuring you have a safe place to walk
- Uneven stairs, even with only a fraction of a difference can continually cause falls and violates Florida Building Codes. We have seen these conditions in brand new stairways as well as old, dilapidated stairways.
- Faulty handrails on walkways and stairwells
- Failure by the property owner to block off hazardous areas such as areas under construction
- Branches or trees that fall on designated walkways
- Rugs or carpets that are not secured properly
- Improper lighting that hides dangerous tripping hazards or even non-dangerous conditions that would have been seen in proper lighting
Many times, it’s important to begin an investigation immediately as the property owners or business owners may try and fix the condition before we have an opportunity to inspect. It’s important to hire Alvarez Gower and soon as possible to ensure the best chance of getting justice for you! Remember, you do not pay us any money until we recover money for you.